High Agent Performance for Consumer Products Calls
Success in the consumer product contact center industry is very influenced by the customer service workforce, since they serve as the frontline interface between brands and their lifetime customers.
In the middle of such pressure to excel, businesses continually strive to enhance customer experiences and operational efficiency, and agents constantly find themselves at the forefront of numerous hurdles. According to a Customer Contact Council study, customers expect a swift resolution to their issues every time. The study found that 56% of customers who experienced a problem with a product expected it to be resolved within one single interaction.
What Agents Can Expect in The Consumer Products Industry
Contact center agents who work in consumer encounter various obstacles in their daily routines, which impact their performance and the overall customer experience. Some of these hurdles include:
1. Elevated Expectations: Customers today have heightened expectations, seeking quick and efficient resolutions to their issues regarding consumer products. Contact center agents must consistently meet these elevated expectations, which can be demanding and stressful.
2. Diverse Consumer Needs: Contact centers in the consumer product industry handle a wide range of customer inquiries, from technical support for electronic gadgets to warranty information for home appliances. Agents must be well-versed in handling diverse consumer product-related issues, which can be a considerable hurdle.
3. Continuous Learning: As consumer products evolve and new models are introduced, agents need to stay updated on the latest information, requiring ongoing training and development to address new product features and functionalities.
4. Burnout: The constant pressure and repetitive nature of tasks, especially during product recall situations or product launch events, can lead to agent burnout, impacting both job satisfaction and performance.
An article by Talkdesk cited that call center agents experience higher stress levels than most professions, with burnout rates estimated at around 30% higher than other jobs. This high-stress environment can lead to agent burnout.
5. High Attrition: Recent research conducted by the SQM Group, a significant 47% of managers have identified high agent turnover as the most prominent challenges in effectively managing a call center.
Attrition rates in the consumer product contact center industry tend to be high due to the aforementioned hurdles. This leads to increased recruitment and training costs for businesses, which can be particularly burdensome in this highly competitive industry.
Meeting the Hurdles with The Right Tool
Addressing these obstacles requires a multifaceted approach. Operations managers and trainers play a crucial role in equipping their agents with the skills and tools they need to succeed in the consumer product accounts. This is where SymTrain’s AI-powered training and coaching platform steps in.
“This makes trainers’ life way easier, and leaves the practice to SymTrain. I love how it easily gives overall insights and data to our strong and weak performers to be able to help uplevel their performance on where they specifically struggle. As a trainer this is gold, and I can already tell it’s going to free up more than 50% of my time”, Trainer, Global BPO.
SymTrain offers several key features that empower contact center agents:
Advanced Proficiency in Complex Scenarios: SymTrain elevates agent performance by 7-9% through advanced training simulations. These simulations allow agents to practice complex consumer product-related scenarios, increasing their readiness to handle challenging customer inquiries, such as troubleshooting a malfunctioning electronic device.
This results in improved first-call resolution (FCR) rates, minimizing escalations and ultimately boosting customer satisfaction.
Effective Practice of Call Situations: SymTrain provides agents with the ideal platform to practice call situations repeatedly, which is invaluable when dealing with a wide range of consumer product inquiries. This leads to a secure 3-8% reduction in Average Handling Time (AHT), contributing to more efficient call handling and reduced customer wait times.
Instantaneous Automated Feedback: SymTrain’s real-time feedback system gauges agent competence, confidence, and energy levels when addressing consumer product-related issues. By providing agents with immediate insights into their performance, SymTrain helps them identify areas for improvement and adapt in real-time.
SymTrain is already impacting the consumer product contact centers, enabling agents to excel in their roles 50% faster and rise above the hurdles they encounter. With its focus on simulations, SymTrain increases the number of A and B agents by enhancing the skills and delivery of B and C players, resulting in a more consistent and high-performing team.
Operations managers and trainers can start to leverage SymTrain’s capabilities to foster a culture of continuous improvement, which is especially critical when addressing diverse consumer needs and the ever-evolving product landscape.
Smart contact center leaders should consider SymTrain as an essential tool in their quest to exceed customer expectations in their business.